Thursday, March 29, 2012

A thrift & a tip

Hey y'all! 
It was super nice out yesterday so I decided to do some running around to get out of the house. I've been so inspired by everyone's creativity on Pinterest that I was hoping I could find some treasures of my own at our local Goodwill to turn into some sort of project for myself. There were a few cute shelves & one very awesome rustic picture frame that I wish I could have purchased but they were marked a little too high for this penny saver! I did, however, find this awesome telephone! 


And while I didn't buy it, it is still super cool! You could see all of the little do-dads and whatchamacallit's in it and they were all bright colors too. Oh man it was awesome! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I was not able to get creative in the crafty sense, I was able to get creative in another way! I am a lover of bags. My mother is a first hand witness to this. I used to save every bag I had ever gotten and just add them to an over flowing collection that was in my closet. I loved them! Unfortunately for them, and myself, my mom made me get rid of my collection. What a sad day that was! (Plastic bags are my favorite because you can just put them inside one another and they don't really take up THAT much space. (That is the hoarder in me talking)). Since I've purged my largest collection, I've learned to only keep a few on hand at a time. (My honey uses them for his lunch when he goes to work & I use them in the bathroom garbage can.)

Anyways, besides my love of bags, I also love those cleaning wipes that Clorox and Lysol make! They are absolutely wonderful for cleaning up a messy kitchen, let me tell ya!  Well, the other day I saw a tip on Pinterest about where to put all those lovely plastic grocery bags that no one knows what to do with. It said to put them an empty Kleenex box and have them pop up like the tissues do. That was EXCITING! Finally I knew what I could do with my bags that are shoved underneath the kitchen sink. Then I came to the realization that I did not have any empty Kleenex boxes and I surely my excitement was not going to allow me to wait until one became empty. 

Today I ran out of my Clorox wipes and decided that there was a better way to use the container than just pitching it! 


And with that, my bag container was born! It's so cute too! I just tore off the label and drew my own little design on there and badda-bing we have a plastic bag holder! It's such a space saver too & holds the perfect amount of bags! 


Happy thrifting!

xxo
-Brooke



1 comment: