Sunday, March 25, 2012

& let the games begin!

Oh me oh my what did I get myself into?!
Of course, the first day of my little project everything turns into a disaster!
I always like to cook in a clean kitchen, so, with that in mind I began putting the dishes away.
The last thing to put in the cupboard was one of our wine glasses. I set it in the cabinet and closed the door and....

Crash!

The glass had somehow fallen as I was closing the door and shattered into a trillion pieces, covering the counter top and blanketing the floor. Needless to say, I cried because it scared me half to death. 
Welp, I got my little house shoes on (I'm turning into my mother, Lord help us) and began the clean up. I got everything swept up from the floor and gathered all the little slivers of glass into a pile on the counter. I swept them into a bag, soon after noticing that the bag had a hole in it and everything that I just put in the bag was now ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Ughhhh! So I swept again, twice, making sure that I got all those little stinking pieces of glass all picked up. 

Finally, I was able to start cooking!

~ Sweet Sunday ~
MENU:
-Italian sausage burgers with mozzarella cheese
-Loaded french fries

When the sausage was finished I placed some shredded mozzarella cheese on top, placed the lid on the skillet, and let it simmer until the cheese was melted...or something like that. My honey and I were too impatient to let it melt completely! Then I made him close his eyes while he sat at the table until I got everything set up for him to eat!


I had to take these pictures quickly because I knew the food wasn't going to be there for long once he got his paws on it!

Like I said, the cheese didn't melt completely so it looks kinda funky. It tasted delicious nonetheless! 


And the loaded fries were better than anything that I have ever eaten at a restaurant. You can cook up a whole heaping mound of these for a FRACTION of what a small portion would cost you at a restaurant. 
Mmmmmmm they were mighty tasty! We dipped ours in ranch dressing which made them even better!

Happy cooking!

xxo
-Brooke


1 comment: