Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Marvelous Monday

MENU:
-Lasagna Roll Ups



Preheat oven to 400

1. The first thing I did was boiled water for the lasagna noodles, once that was ready I salted the water and placed the noodles in the pot.

2. Next I took cottage cheese, grated parmesan, and shredded mozzarella cheese and mixed that with about half of a package of (thawed) frozen spinach, one large egg, & some garlic powder and dried onion flakes


 4. Once the mixture was made and the noodles were cooked I laid some noodles out on a cutting board and got to work spreading the mixture onto the noodles!
Tip: Let the noodles cool some before trying to work with them. I learned the hard way and ended up burning my hand! Ouch!


 5. After you spread the mixture on the noodles just roll them from one end to another then place them in a greased 13"x9" pan.
Tip: Remember when putting the filling on the noodle that it will be rolled up so you do not need to over do it!

6. Once you have all of your lasagna rolls in the pan, spoon or pour your sauce over the top. I added shredded mozzarella cheese to mine as well.

Before

7. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes

After



Below is the link I used as a base recipe for the lasagna rolls. I do want to say that I did tweak mine quite a bit. For these lasagna rolls I ended up using cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I also made half of them with some left over ground Italian sausage I had from Sunday's meal. (I made the cheese ones first then added the meat to the rest of the cheese mixture) My honey can't have a meal without some meat! I did not use all of the meat in the cheese mixture so I put the rest of that along with the remaining spinach into the spaghetti sauce that I used to cover them with. 

These ended up being perfect serving sizes compared to making a whole lasagna because the portions are already made for you! 

Happy cooking!

xxo
-Brooke

1 comment: